I’ve missed a few Mix-Ability challenges over at Splitcoast and wanted to try another one today. It’s all about ripping, pasting and inking designer papers. And, I’ve used the MOJO 286 sketch. You’ll find the links below if you’d like to play along.
1) make a 5″ square card base and stamp with IO background stamp; adding a few smudges of the ink around the edge
2) rip several strips of designer paper and adhere to a 4.25″ piece of heavy card stock with a glue stick; let dry
3) using two different templates, add two different shades of Distress Ink to unify the piece
4) distress the edges and add more the the same ink used with the background stamp
5) cut a banner out of a coordinating paper
6) using a Distress Ink and a template…add more texture; then distress and ink the edges
7) cut another strip of coordinating card stock, again using Distress Ink and a template, add a design, then distress and ink the edges
8) stamp the sentiment and use a punch to cut it out; distress and ink the top and bottom edges; add three gems and adhere with dimensionals
9) layer the card and add button, twine and gems
Paper: SU! Certainly Celery and Basic Grey Two Scoops
Ink: Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks
Stamps: Paper Smooches and Impression Obsession Rose Lace C-A-C background stamp
All the other stuff: Big Shot Pro, MFT Fishtail Flags Layers STAX, Dyan Reaveley Letter Jumble stencil, TCW Mini Houndstooth template, SU! oval punch, MFT button in Sour Apple, Hero Arts Gems, distressing tool, sponges, twine, dimensionals, glue stick, ATG
Back soon with more!